Furniture Prep Cleaner / Shop helper
Looking to hire a painter's helper to join our team. We build unique and custom metal furniture and fixtures for high-end residential and commercial clients. This is a great opportunity to grow with us and/or expand your skill set while working on great one-of-a-kind projects you can be proud of.
The successful candidate will perform various tasks related to the finishing of high-end metal furniture. These activities include, but are not limited to, cleaning, prep, cleanup and assembly.
- Prep items to paint for painter and final finishing
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding prep work.
- Clean and remove dirt, rust, grease, vacuum, sand and/or polish surfaces in preparation for final finish
- Use of basic hand tools - drills, sanders, brushes
- Assist with other production tasks when needed (boxing/crating)
- Attention to detail with a focus on fit & finish (this is high end furniture)
- Position is based in a normal shop environment
- Must have reliable transportation, responsible, punctual, and dependable.
- Must be willing to learn, be a team player, self motivated, detail oriented and efficient
- Ability to lift 75lbs and stand for the majority of your shift
- Ability to work in un-air conditioned environment
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
- Excessive absences or tardies will not be tolerated.
* Se habla español *
- Position available immediately
- Phone calls and walk ups will be turned away.
- Current hours Mon-Fri 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Located in NW Houston, 1960/Jones Rd